Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN
£725

Wilco

Very sad to be putting this great bass up for sale, but my kit downsize for physical & change of car reasons continues.

I've owned it from new & have made a number of changes to the original either for upgrade, performance or aesthetic reasons.

Condition wise is very good for a 10 year old bass - a couple of really small dings, very light scuff near jack socket (not coming up on pics but this is visible), small amount of light buckle rash & a few hard to see surface scratches.

Things I've changed:-

The tuners & capacitor were the only weak points on these basses so:-

Tuners replaced with high quality Hipshot HB2'S
Capacitor replaced with a Sprague

For performance reasons changed the pickups - the original ones sound fine, but are a little polite for Geddy's sound (they are included in the sale however). Those have been replaced by Entwistle JBXN's which are Neo pickups that have a much hotter output. Much more Geddy!

For visual & practical reasons did the following:-

Changed neckplate to one which has a Geddy hologram on - very cool!
Fender strap locks fitted
The scratchplate is original - the amalgam symbol is a vinyl sticker

Note this is a very solid instrument - my bathroom scales are reading 9.4lbs.

Collection from Swindon or will meet up for a handover up to an hours drive away from there.

Post option available at whatever it costs(circa additional £20?). However I've nothing to post it in so if postage is required, the bass will be sold with a case. Two choices which are either a used Thomann hardcase (With large white Fender vinyl logos added) for an additional £25, or an official hardly used Fender Moulded ABS hardcase at £80. Will not post without one of these two cases included in the purchase, but they are an option on collection or handover.

Looks fantastic, great tone & plays superbly - will be sorry to see it go but needs must.

[attachment=215653:PICT0011.JPG]

[attachment=215655:PICT0008.JPG]

[attachment=215656:PICT0003.JPG]

[attachment=215657:PICT0004.JPG]

[attachment=215658:PICT0006.JPG]

[attachment=215659:PICT0005.JPG]

[attachment=215660:PICT0013.JPG]

Wilco

Edited by Wilco