Why become a member? ×

Now sold Thunderbird Hardcase
£45

[size=3][color=#333333][font=Verdana]I bought this hardshell case for my Epiphone Thunderbird new in December 2011 but have since sold, well traded, the Thunderbird when I upgraded to a Gibson Thunderbird as I never played the Epiphone. The person who undertook the trade did not want the hardcase. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#333333][font=Verdana]It is a rugged wood case covered in Tolex, but does have a few inevitable scuff marks, and features padded plush lining and accessory compartment. Specially designed and built for Epiphone or Gibson Thunderbirds, although I believe they will not fit the Thunderbird Pro series. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#333333][font=Verdana]It cost me around £80, if I recall correctly, and therefore seeking[/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana] £40 and collect only in view of size I am afraid although we could meet up depending on location. I reside about 15/20 minutes away for Junction 23 of the MI.[/font][/color

Edited by Shylock

Hmm..strange that you should say that as I just checked again and my Gibson Thunderbird fits and lids close etc with no issue. I wonder if they have changed the specifications? I also see from the Andertons website that it says it fits the Pro basses and I always understood it did not.

I do know that Jazz basses don't fit but I guess if anyone wants this they could bring their bring their T'ird with them to check although I am prepared buy it back if anybody finds it is unsuitable.

Perhaps Epiphone have changed the case specs on the newer ones...I've got a pair of Gibsons (previously this number went as high as six) and a Hamer FBIV - the necessity for my purchase of the Epiphone case was for the Hamer, which fits it snugly. Neither of the Gibsons fit the Epiphone case.