Why become a member? ×

GrooveSonic in Reigate, Surrey, Sunday 2nd November

NowVertical

GrooveSonic - A 6 peice playing an eclectic mix of Funk, Breaks, Jazz and Latin.
Venue - The Priory, Bell St, Reigate, RH2 7AN
Date - Sunday 2nd November
Time - 20:30 - 22:30
Entry - Free

Be great to see any basschatters on the night. Don't be shy to pop up and see me at half time (unless of course you have anything particularly harsh to say in which case save it until after the gig) if you are interested in my gear etc.

Cheers

Edited by NowVertical

[quote name='NowVertical' post='288776' date='Sep 21 2008, 09:21 PM']GrooveSonic - A 6 peice playing an eclectic mix of Funk, Breaks, Jazz and Latin.
Venue - The Priory, Bell St, Reigate, RH2 7AN
Date - Sunday 28th September
Time - 20:30 - 22:30
Entry - Free

Be great to see any basschatters on the night. Don't be shy to pop up and see me at half time (unless of course you have anything particularly harsh to say in which case save it until after the gig) if you are interested in my gear etc.

Cheers[/quote]
Oooh - you got a guy called Neil on guitar? He's invited me down but have band practice :)

[quote name='NowVertical' post='289523' date='Sep 22 2008, 10:15 PM']Shame...but it's good to know that it was the not the fact we got Neil in the band that put you off :-)[/quote]
Well, I didn't like to say... :huh:

Neil's a good guy, never heard him play coz he's so shy about it but he keeps coming to my gigs. I'll make it one day :)

Really appreciated you both taking the time to see us and glad you enjoyed the first set.

We were pretty chuffed with our second GrooveSonic gig and the feedback we received even after our second slightly more experimental set was great. Now we just need to put the time in writing new material to replace some off those early tracks (when we were finding our feet) that are still in the set and further polishing/tightening up of the rest.

It is great band but most importantly from my perspective Wayne the drummer is not only a pleasure to work with musically (he actually listens and is always challenging by trying new little touches; but not at the expense of the track) but really easy to get along with...basically a perfect partner in crime.

I recorded the gig using a pmz hanging from the ceiling into my little H4 recorder and even though the overall mix is overly compressed, my rig and Rumour combination is sounding sweet...in fact this bass just grows and grows on me. Glad you noticed the P fretless (although it has a J as well which to be honest is what I mainly use and play over)..it is such a mongrel (is it really from 62'?, then why is the body so small...who knows and who cares) but anyone even remotely capable of noticing bass tone usually comments. I am tempted to get it fretted cause I think it would make a perfect 60/70's sounding funk bass...thing is I risk ruining something that is already pretty special.

Anyway enough rambling...cheers for coming and rest assured if your playing anywhere local I'll come and keep Neil company.

Cheers

NV

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Merton' post='315531' date='Oct 27 2008, 08:26 AM']Bugger, this time I really DO have a band practice, would love to be able to come and stay for the whole set :)[/quote]

No worries. We played well (in fact at long last gotta couple of tracks for myspace that really capture us live, just need to edit them etc at the weekend) but not much of an audience turn out despite our best efforts...ah well can't have it all.

Hope your rehearsal went well.

NV