Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT 350H - £250
£300

Pow_22

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Ampeg SVT 350H Solid State amp in an SVT disguise. Made in USA[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Bought this a while back and it has a few issues that I needed to sort:-[/color][/size][/font]
[list]
[*]It had no knobs at all. These are very hard to find as well. The ones you always see for sale are for the D Shafts used in the valve ampegs. The 350H has ‘normal’ shafts. As such the knobs I bought (whilst cosmetically EXACTLY the same) are not ‘official’ ampeg.
[*]The HT fuse holder was missing – again very hard to find. I found you either has to replace the entire fuse gubbins or search high and low for the correct holder. Eventually I sourced one from USA - £35 for a tiny piece of plastic!
[/list]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Once id sorted these issues the amp powered up fine and works a treat. The fan is a little noisy so I also bought a rubber gasket that fits between the fan and chassis. This has quietened it down quite a bit. I do have a replacement brand new fan to the correct specs that ill throw in with the amp.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]The toelx is scraped and brusied. The two ‘biggest’ spots being on the front corners where the wood is exposed. I have coloured this in with black marker and now isn’t too noticeable from a distance. There are a couple of the EQ sliders missing but still fully operational (I use my plectrum to adjust the ones with missing tips)[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]I run this amp with the matching Ampeg 410he and with a VT pedal in from gives an authentic tubey type ampeg growl. Engaging the graphic EQ add’s that chest thump I like.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Viewings and trials welcome. Collection will be from Bolton or I can deliver locally if needed. Selling as ive seen something from our very own Mr.Foxen that has fired up GAS again.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]Pics to follow and questions welcome[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by Pow_22

• 3 weeks later...