Why become a member? ×

***Now SOLD - many thanks***Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups (DP149)
£55

Happy New Year!
I’m having a clear-out to get some cash together for a new bass.

The pickups work perfectly but they have been used and have some string wear in places (I’ve tried to show this in the pics). Also, extra shielding has been added by Jon Shuker when they were fitted to my Jazz (so definitely noiseless!).

This is what Dimarzio says about them:

[i]The hum-cancelling Ultra Jazz™ takes a traditional Fender® Jazz Bass® sound and really opens it up. Lows are deeper, highs are more percussive, and the mid-range is round but not muddy. Harmonic overtones jump off the strings. It’s also quick; with instant response to either fingers or pick-style playing. There’s only one word for this combination of qualities: “musical”.[/i]

The description is a bit gushy, but they are very good indeed. [u]Apparently[/u] (…), these are basically the same as the pickups [i]Dimarzio[/i] designed for [i]Sadowsky[/i]. They sound ‘strong’/full and can cut through like a P-bass better than many standard single coils. The ‘scooped’ sound is frankly the best slap sound I have ever had, rich and with loads of poke and, being ‘hum cancelling’; they are noiseless which is great for recording. I’ve also managed to get a really growly aggressive tone out of them too (which with a [i]Markbass[/i] is going some…).
[b]I’m asking £55 (ono) posted within the UK.[/b]

Best regards and thanks for looking

Freddy

Edited by Freddy