Why become a member? ×

MTD 635-24 - Wonderful bass & great condition - On Hold
£2750

Geester

I am the original owner of the bass having picked it up while in the US in 2011. It's a superb instrument with a lot of optional extras such as the ebony fretboard, Amboina Burl Top with matching control knobs, world logo and luminlay position markers. The body is Makore which gives a great, well rounded smooth tone. I've never played a bass with a better action, it's so easy to play and the fastest neck I've had the pleasure to play. It easily accommodates all styles, it's particularly easy for slap/tapping as well given the low, buzz free action. It really doesn't feel like a 35" scale as it's so easy and quick to navigate the slick fretboard. By the way, it has brand new D'addario strings on it.

Why am I selling? I really don't want to but I need the cash to buy a Spector 5 string. This bass is not getting the attention it deserves as most, if not all, of my gigs are 5 string events and a six string of this quality is overkill. If it doesn't sell here I'll part-ex it which will be a shame but needs must. A bass like this, with all the optional extras would be well over £4K new. It even has the MTD hardcase with all the case candy including the letter from Michael Tobias, fretboard oil (used regularly of course) and the led torch to charge the luminlay side markers.

I'm always to open to reasonable offers.....

I'm based near Cambridge and would be happy to deliver if you're a reasonable distance away. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Here's some pictures:

[attachment=208138:MTD 1.jpg][attachment=208139:MTD 2.jpg][attachment=208140:MTD 3.jpg]
[attachment=208141:MTD 4.jpg][attachment=208142:MTD 5.jpg][attachment=208143:MTD 6.jpg]
[attachment=208144:MTD 7.jpg]

Edited by Geester