Why become a member? ×

Advice on trading in please!

P_bass_1983

Store trade in prices are by nature, ridiculously low. I got a quote on a 4003 limited edition Rickenbacker, they came in £750 LESS than the second hand private sale value.

Your best bet is to go through the hassle of selling the basses separately. Does the Am Stnd P have to be new? If not I've seen them around the £500 mark recently in the market place on here.

[quote name='P_bass_1983' timestamp='1449600561' post='2925070']
...can anyone recommend somewhere (preferably south uk) that would give me good trade in prices or better still, do a 4 for 1 straight swap.
[/quote]

I doubt you'd find anywhere that would do you that deal. Shops have overheads and tax to pay on sales, hence any price offered would be minus tax and the cost for them to have it hanging on the wall (+ the headache if a used bass had an issue when sold). You can generally expect to be offered 25-50% of an instruments worth as a trade in (average used value), you'd get much more selling private! :(

Yeah that's what I thought, maybe it's necessary hassle! I am on the look out for a second hand one in good condition, has to be white though, would love a new one though, haven't bought a new bass for years, always pre owned.

Is £1170 over priced for what it is? Obviously I'd like to play it first before parting with the cash.