Why become a member? ×

Ampeg B-15 Heritage Ltd 1st Edition No.25 of 50 USA Handwired + best TUBES.
£3300

bongo61

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price or Trade Value : £3300 incl. shipping to the UK or mainland Europe[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have an [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ampeg[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Heritage [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]B15[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] from the first US run - no. 25 out of 50 only. There were only 50 of these made, all with numbered plate (as you can see in the see picture). These are not the same as the [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]B15[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]N widely available today which has a black fascia, is PCB based and costs around £2800. This Heritage [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]B15[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] fliptop is handwired in the USA and it uses high-quality hand-selected tubes. It is 110 volts and comes with a solid step down converter. The amp had a retail price of £4995 and a street price of at least £4000 (average seemed to be around £4400).[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]The amp is almost immaculate with the exception of a very small scuff on one of the transformer towers. It is hardly visible and does not show up on a photo.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyway, the amp sounds fantastic, looks cool as heck with the blueish checked tolex and can switch between 1964 or 1966 valve preamps before running to the valve power stage.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's totally tubelicious. It's got to be as close to the holy grail as it gets. It would be ideal for a recording studio.[/font][/color]

[attachment=206025:B15.jpg]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here's the [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ampeg[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] site - [/font][/color][url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/heritage/b-15/"]http://www.[color=red]ampeg[/color].com.../heritage/b-15/[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Not looking for any trades, thank you.[/font][/color]

[size=1][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]© markorbit :), hope you don´t mind[/color][/font][/size]

Edited by bongo61

[quote name='bongo61' timestamp='1448633989' post='2917023']...
Unfortunately I seem to have exceeded my upload quota at the moment ...
[/quote]

Try this, to delete attachments no longer required, and liberate quota space..?

Go to your 'My Profile' (your pseudo, top right...).
Select 'Edit my Profile' (black button a bit below...).
Select 'Manage Attachments' (in the list on the left...).
They are listed in date order. Navigate to oldest, select those to be deleted (tick boxes on the right...).
Select 'Delete Selected' (grey button at bottom right of list...).
Repeat, page by page, until all unwanted attachments are deleted.

Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account such as PhotoBucket, Imgur or ImageShack is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...

Others are similar (assuming use of a PC; I know nothing of other devices...). Hope this helps...

George Metropolis built the first 50 Heritage amps for Ampeg - the wiring is a true work of art. Metropolis built Ampeg B15s are the pinnacle, in my view.

The second run of 100 Heritage amps is nothing like as good.

Can you take a picture of the point to point wiring? This would answer whether it is a George Metropolis built one or not. His work looks like this: