Why become a member? ×

Ibanez BTB1005E 5-String (Made in Japan) - Immaculate - FINAL PRICE DROP TO £450 DELIVERED!! SOLD!!!
£595

carlsim

Selling my Made In Japan Ibanez BTB1005E-OL 5-string. An early forerunner of the Prestige range, although not badged as such. Got this from lowregisterhead a while ago (his pics but it is exactly the same), but gassing for something I have my eye on! Had it set up and restrung, and will add a nice padded gig bag with the sale.

[size=5][b]NEW AND FINAL PRICE DROP TO £450 DELIVERED[/b][/size]
IF IT DOESN'T GO AT THIS PRICE I WILL BE KEEPING IT (or it goes on eBay!)

[s]NEW PRICE DROP TO £495!!![/s]

This is a lot of bass for this money!!! Need to shift it due to financial issues...

In pristine unmarked condition, 35" scale, Bartolini soapbar pickups and ITMB-18 18v preamp.

Really lovely to play, with a great array of tones but I'm leaning towards a precision-esque bass so am going to see what's about. Got my eye on something as well...

This is not to be confused with the current Indonesian made BTB range - the Japanese made instruments are far superior IMHO. Will be sad to see this go as it is a lovely bass but needs must...

Will courier at buyers cost (negotiable) as have some packing material at the ready.

Edited by carlsim

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1451727485' post='2942732']
Hi any vids? Youtube
Thanx jay
[/quote]

No vids I'm afraid, but I can do a sound clip when I get back to work (work in a recording studio - back on tuesday...)
Sounds pretty modern with a fair amount of growl - the twin bartolinis do give it some grunt and it has the 3 band eq.

Let me know if you definitely want to hear something from it and I will get that sorted ASAP on tuesday...

[quote name='Stratosphere' timestamp='1451740352' post='2942963']
Low B or high C? The latter I think?
[/quote]

Low B on this one... nice and tight sounding low b as well. One of the reasons I have never got on with 5 string jazz basses is I always find the low b to lack definition.

Hmmmm, very nice, far more than I'll ever possibly need but I'm an Ibanez fanboi and it just looks wonderful ... I'm a late (middle aged) starter to all this really, playing rock and indie covers with a small band of like minded fools and having great fun on an Ibanez SR300 at the moment. I have a hankering for a low B but I do wonder if I'd just confuse myself with such a beast (was looking at an SR605 as well) ... thoughts welcome?

Edited by Stratosphere

[quote name='Stratosphere' timestamp='1451826558' post='2943709']
Hmmmm, very nice, far more than I'll ever possibly need but I'm an Ibanez fanboi and it just looks wonderful ... I'm a late (middle aged) starter to all this really, playing rock and indie covers with a small band of like minded fools and having great fun on an Ibanez SR300 at the moment. I have a hankering for a low B but I do wonder if I'd just confuse myself with such a beast (was looking at an SR605 as well) ... thoughts welcome?
[/quote]

That is a difficult one - for some the transition to 5 from 4 is easy (I found it very natural and easy and I LOVE the thunder that you can throw in when you surprise everyone with a low D or something.) The positional stuff also makes things easy as well - no more detuning and if you want to hit an Eb, you can hit a looooww one!

I used to (and still do) play a lot in jazz orchestras and big bands and often the keys are flat keys (Eb, Bb, F, Ab etc.)... having the low B there makes certain things so much easier in those keys (not everyone will agree with that but that's my opinion...)

It is a great bass - (some money issues and a hankering for a precision is the only reason for its sale). I have a stingray 5 which is my main work horse and it seems a good time to move it on. It looks amazing, the workmanship is top quality (the Japanese made ones are far superior - A friend of mine (guitarist in a metal band) spends a LOT of money on guitars and swears by Ibanez). Initially i was never convinced until i tried one and they definitely stand up against more expensive basses.
The last thing is it is more or less brand new!

Anyway, some food for thought for you. Shame you are so far away otherwise a trial could have been a good idea. I can post the bass - I have the original packing material it came in and it will ship in a gig bag as well. All the best!
Let me know if you have any other questions...

Carl.

I think it is a parallel / single coil / series switch if i remember correctly... it also has a pickup blend control and I think a push/pull on the volume control for an active/passive control. I will double check but I won't be able to until Tuesday when I can get to work and plug it in...

There are loads of reviews out there in the ether and I think there is a demo video on you tube as well... might be worth a perusal in advance...