Why become a member? ×

SOLD Sansamp RBI Rack Mount Preamp
£180

adamg67

Price drop: £160 posted

I think most people know what this is, but here goes: Tech 21 Sansamp RBI 1u Rack mount preamp, all the details are here: [url="http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/rbi.html"]http://www.tech21nyc...ansamp/rbi.html[/url]

The RBI I think is aiming for (and hitting) a very Ampeg sound, but you can dial down the presence (or the blend) to get a more classic tube amp tone as well. With the drive to play with as well it's got some excellent sounds in there, plus 3 band eq. There are a few demos on youtube, there's more of the BDDI which this is an improved rack mount version of (it has mid which the BDDI doesn't, and some other things).

It's also got excellent features for live and recording, with effects loop with 50/50 mix option, seperate levels for line output and balanced XLR out (perfect for amp vs desk levels), rear inputs as well as the front instrument input, and footswitch input which can also chain to another RBI or an RPM.

It's less than a year old (still under warranty until early december) and has been racked and looked after the whole time, it has a small screw mark on one rack ear where it's been racked up (which you don't see when it is racked up) but otherwise just looks like new.

Boxed with manual and UK power lead. I've gone digital and bought a Markbass Multiamp, which is why this is up for sale.

Some photos (click for big versions), sorry they havn't come out great I was struggling a bit for light today:

[attachment=204618:sansamp-1.jpg]

[attachment=204619:sansamp-2.jpg]

[attachment=204620:sansamp-3.jpg]

£160 posted (Royal main 2nd class or Hermes, your choice), or collect from BD20, and try it out while you're here - I don't have a power amp at the moment but can run it through my recording rig.

Not looking for any trades thanks, the Multiamp is meant to cure me of that!

Edited by adamg67