Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR800 - little to no output

dom2113

I've owned an Ibanez SR800AM since April 2014 and haven't ever had any issues with it until recently. The output has become intermittent and rarely produces sound upon first use of the day - after a while it tends to kick in but a lot of the time there is an intermittent crackling, very low output - or if it seems to be working the output isn't what it used to be.

I get the same issue when i run through my ampeg combo amp and through the focusrite scarlet 2i2 and studio monitors (connected via 1/4 TRS).

I've changed the 9V battery, even though i only put a new one in fairly recently so apart from the onboard electronics i'm not sure what the issue could be?

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Many thanks
Dom

Could be an issue with the output jack socket - I reckon that's the thing that gets most mechanical wear and tear. Have you tried cleaning the contacts? I assume you've already tried a couple of different cables to eliminate that as the source of the problem?

Hi HowieBass,

I have tried a few different cables i had, and also bought a new cable with no change in performance - i have very little knowledge of the electrical components so dont want to take too much apart to check, but i will have a look at how to clean the contacts and see if this helps

thanks for the suggestion