Why become a member? ×

Low End University

Callumjord

I have recently seen this website being posted around and it has me intrigued, just wondering if anyone has signed up for this and if its worth the monthly subscription?

After a couple of years of stale bass playing I'm wanting to use this winter to really start expanding and improving on my bass playing.

https://www.lowenduniversity.com/

It's run by Mark Michell, extremely talented bassist for Scale The Summit. Mark is also a good friend of mine, whom I known for years, from before STS, and from his last band, Tetrafusion. He works very hard on the site, and puts up great content. He really is a great guy.

You can find some of the lessons, or parts of them on his youtube channel, if you're interested in what they're like!

I've oddly felt less like signing up, since I know Mark, but I really should, as I could do with a kick up the arse to my playing. Think I'll be signing up soon myself!

• 6 months later...

i have been a member at Low end University for a few months now and it has hands down been worth it for my bass playing personally. i have not used the video submission thing at all as i'm pretty aware of where i suck, but the lessons and lick lessons are definitely getting me in gear.

i've subscribed to a few of the other bass sites like this but Low End is the one i come back to most, as i think the content is organized the best since it's all sorted out by skill level, and Mark is very clear and concise with teaching and straight to the point.

my only complaint (if i absolutely have to make one) is the lack of material for 6-string basses which is what i play, everything is for 4-string, but i understand everyone does not have a 6.

Edited by jkent