Why become a member? ×

Danelectro Dano '63 longscale - SOLD
£150

Rikki_Sixx

I've been considering it for a while, but have finally decided to sell off some of my small collection, including my gorgeous aqua Dano '63. Sad times! I love this bass and the incredible tone, but I need to make some space now that I've moved and have always wanted a Fender Jazz. Two birds with one stone, etc.

I've had this baby since 2009 and she's in pretty good condition cosmetically. There is a bit of belt-rash on the back and the vintage-style tape has come away slightly at the back in the cutaways (you can buy this stuff by the roll) both of which I've tried to show in the pictures. There's also a very small nick in the paint, about 1mm x 5mm, on the bottom-left corner when looking from the front. Otherwise no other damage or scratches or dings and the neck is smooth.

All the electrics are still as standard and working 100%, the volume/tone pots are tight, and I'm sure everyone is aware of the great tone from the vintage-style single coil lipstick pick-ups! I'm still surprised by the weight even after 6 years of ownership, as the body is semi-hollow, with a pressed-wood front and back over a strong plywood frame.

I'm the only owner this bass has ever had, and I've not seen any of these since I bought her. I'm not even sure if they still make them. Maybe one day I'll buy one back, but for now I'm letting go.

Looking for about £150-ish. Based in Leeds and happy for anyone to come and try it out or collect. I'll arrange postage if needed, but at the buyers expense. I'll even give her a polish!

[attachment=203585:FullSizeRender.jpg]

[attachment=203586:FullSizeRender_1.jpg]

[attachment=203587:FullSizeRender_2.jpg]

[attachment=203589:12135461_593760547429369_658347412_n.jpg]

[attachment=203588:FullSizeRender_3.jpg]

Edited by Rikki_Sixx