Why become a member? ×

My Yamaha TRB 5 P 11..this ones been on a diet

bassmanady

I had one of these last year and sold it...due to it weighing in at nearly 11lbs..had it not been so heavy a definate keeper..but my back could not handle it for any lenght of time..
Anyway i have missed the sound and versatility of this bass badly since selling it and decided to buy the first one that came up for sale...no matter what!..and live with the pain because they are great basses IMO

Here it is,same spec as the previous one..but only weighs 9 1/2lbs..i just could not believe a bass could vary that amount,thats a whole pound less,and sounds just as good... :)

Edited by bassmanady

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='277279' date='Sep 4 2008, 06:49 PM']Brilliant workmanship on these basses. What does it sound like?[/quote]Good versatile bass,is the best i can say,the piezo works well,and the mid range control is spot on for me,i find it's smooth and beef's up the sound well to cut through the band mix..

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='277438' date='Sep 4 2008, 11:01 PM']Lovely looking bass, Ady! Back in the mid 90's I had a Nathan East TRB-5 (wish I'd never sold it!) & now have a non-piezo TRB-6 II which I wouldn't change for anything! Excellent score, mate.[/quote]Thanks,the Nathan East model you mention was a bass i wanted to buy about the same time you had yours...i remember it being just that bit too expensive for me at that time so i missed out..
For a short while i had a 6 string TRB 5P2 ,but again the weight was too much...it had a beautiful bubinga top,..

Edited by bassmanady

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='277438' date='Sep 4 2008, 11:01 PM']Lovely looking bass, Ady! Back in the mid 90's I had a Nathan East TRB-5 (wish I'd never sold it!) & now have a non-piezo TRB-6 II which I wouldn't change for anything! Excellent score, mate.[/quote]
You are quite right the TRB6-ll are nice basses but benefit from being used with a big rig, otherwise they tend to chew up smaller amp setups.