Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD **** Mesa Boogie M2000 Head
£400

nugget

Mesa Boogie M2000 head

600 watts into 4 ohms, 600 Mesa watts are HUGE watts
I’ve tried a lot of amps over the past years and nothing comes close to the heft and presence of the tone, somehow is manages a real tight focused punch that slams through the mix without cranking it to a level that drowns out the others in the band, it really is a monster of an amp

It looks like a bit of a nightmare with all the knobs and switches but basically its 2 completely independent preamps into one very powerful mosfet power amp. There is a tube preamp and a solid slate pre that can be selected individually or blended. 2 independent compressors one for each channel. The compressors are really cool and sound perfect and can be set for the style of the tone for each channel. The channels can be set however you like but I ran it with one giving a thick fat juicy tube cannel and the other a modern sparkling clear tone and then blended together gives amazing results, 3 completely different voiced tones selectable by the footswitch.

It includes the footswitch which are getting quite rare to find these days but the footswitch really opens up the amp for live use.

These M2000’s do run hot, I confirmed this with Mesa support and I had fitted a 2[sup]nd[/sup] fan to the rear head to help increase the airflow which I does well. I can remove the extra fan if you would prefer it bog standard/

Comes in 4U high quality rack case

I’m only selling as I’m only playing double bass live these days so this is just sat around not being used.

I’ve got a pdf copy of the manual, it’s still available on the mesa website or I can email it to you.

Not really looking for trades unless is for DB focused amps PJB etc

I’m based in Worcester and recommend coming to try it out. I do travel about a lot for work so probably could deliver to most areas to save the cost of shipping a heavy amp

[url="http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/firecreekCustom/media/20150829_163218_zpseku28m4z.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/firecreekCustom/media/8654f132-b921-4647-9fa2-14a1f54ba81c_zpsksldk0jk.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/firecreekCustom/media/c120d576-cd36-4493-a247-2f92475342ec_zpsffcuq1y2.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by nugget

If I can sell enough to buy it I'd love it, after something that I can distort to f*** and have some nice clean percussive top end on the top of, with all those controls it looks perfect for making some really disgustingly heavy sounds. It looks about as versatile as you could possibly need for anything more sensible then that too. If anyone takes my albeit awesome but nowhere near as flexible VBA400 off me I'm in.

[quote name='SwamiRob' timestamp='1441570875' post='2859974']
If I can sell enough to buy it I'd love it, after something that I can distort to f*** and have some nice clean percussive top end on the top of, with all those controls it looks perfect for making some really disgustingly heavy sounds. It looks about as versatile as you could possibly need for anything more sensible then that too. If anyone takes my albeit awesome but nowhere near as flexible VBA400 off me I'm in.
[/quote]

It does overdrive really well, the gain switch on footswitch can boost the gain in a very useable mesa kinda way. the gain switch can be set to either mute or boost gain, set to boost gain and whack gain on full you can have 3 channels clean, dirty and filth, doesnt get easier than that

Dave