Why become a member? ×

MarkBass CMD121P + TKS 1126, oh yes!

mcnach

I have used my TKS1126 cabs with both Genz Benz Streamliner 900 and Shuttle 9.2, and they sound good.
Fine.

But on Sunday I played in a bar without PA support for bass, using my MarkBass combo (essentially a LMIII head in small cab with a 12" speaker) and one of the TKS 1126 cabs as an extension.

THAT was really very good!

I have previously used a number of cabs as extension for this combo. I used a Barefaced Compact (sounded immense, quite a good match), a Barefaced Big Baby 2 (good but not as good as the Compact), and a Schroeder mini 10R (fantastic sound!)... but the TKS 1126 was the best of them all as an extension cab.

I let this other band use my rig, so I got an opportunity to hear it in action away from the stage. In fact, the bass player for the other band had an accident and dropped his bass down the stairs at the venue, breaking a couple of tuners... someone went out to get him another bass, but he did soundcheck for his band using both my amp and my bass... It sounded much more powerful (yet balanced) than I imagined from the sound onstage.

So... want an extension cab for your MarkBass combo? do consider these TKS cabs. The sound of this combination is just beautiful!