Why become a member? ×

A big Hello.. I know it is a bit late but, better than never

Guest BassKS

Guest BassKS

Hey Guys

My name is Fatos and I joined the BC couple of months ago.

I play a bit of bass, been trying to play for six years now. I accidentally got introduced to BC by some guy who i snatched a Fender 62 RI MIJ (91) bass off Flea Bay...surprised he didnt get pissed off.

So, Im in a band that we play original stuff which quite different from the usual indie and some of that is due to the fact that 3 out of 4 members are from the Balkans. We have a strong tendency to play odd rhythms and sing in kosovan, english and sometimes turkish but its definitely not the stuff you hear in a holiday resort in Bodrum or a kebab house in Manor House.

I find BC very friendly in gear advice and gives me a pleasant distraction from the lab work that i do 7 days a week in an attempt to finish my PhD in Titanium Powder. Its a bit geeky but so is BC. Everyone knows their Sh*t.

Id like to learn a lot more of jazz and im trying to but time is very restricted. So instead, I just buy the books and never get round to them. I learn a lot by ear and am going through jaco's chops slowly but surely but i dont think I'll be asked to play ina weather report covers band.

Anyway this is me out and, once again, H-YeLLO (Borat Sagdiyev style)