Why become a member? ×

2010 Manne Malibu Musik Messe Model
£810

Michael Kraft

Hi, I'm new here! :yarr:

For sale is my Manne Malibu, custom made for display at the 2010 Musik Messe. I am the original owner. The bass weighs ca. [b]3.5kg [/b]and is in excellent condition. The only thing worthy of mention is wear from slapping where the pickguard would normally be located. Condition is probably 9 out of 10.

It is truly a one-of-a-kind instrument. The body is black korina, which was lit on fire and finished with what the luthier calls a 'dirty finish'. It has cool 3D-like effects that can't be properly captured by my camera.

It is passive, and offers an extremely versatile sound palette. Each pickup is splittable to Serial, Parallel and Single-coil. It has an extremely thin phelonic fingerboard that sounds more like maple than graphite. The neck is maple with ash laminates and it has a two way truss rod. It comes with a heavy-duty gigbag (also in excellent condition).

I'm selling it for [b]1100 €[/b] (GBP equivalent) to fund another project. The price is non-negotiable, and [b]sale is preferred[/b]. Buyer pays actual (insured) shipping costs. I have a carton and packing materials. The bass is located near Stuttgart, Germany if local pickup is preferred.

Here are the specs from the manufacturer:

Malibu 4 Bass Fire Burst Black Korina

* Body: Fire Burst Black Korina
* Neck: Threaded, striped maple, beech multi-
* Fretboard: Resin F, very stable, no Deadnotes
* Pickups: 2 MANNE J-Blade, the three-way split: serial / parallel / Splitcoil
* Bridge: TC Classic
* Tuners: MANNE Bass tuners
* Hardware: chrome
* Finish: hand rubbed Fire Burst
* Incl MANNE Gig Bag
* Handmade in Italy
- 24 (6110 Dunlop) jumbo frets.
- 864mm. bass scale (34").
- 400mm fretboard radius (15,75").
- Thin “F resin” fretboard to give a precise attack without dead notes.
- Double way working truss-rod steel bar, allows favorite neck relief adjustment.
- Hardened multi laminated neck, made up with 0,8mm. thick wood plies. Ash sides on fretted basses , Maple sides on acoustibass or fretless.
- Asymmetrical (helicoidal) neck shape for comfortable playing .
- Satin finish on body and satin finish on the neck or hi-gloss finish for the specified models.
- Nickel plated Steel wound MANNE strings.
- Tilted back headstock, one piece with the neck.
- MANNE pickups.

[i]This is a private sale of a used instrument. There is no guarantee, refund or return. [/i]

Edited by Michael Kraft

• 4 months later...

The bass is still available! I've reduced the price to 1000€/GBP equivalent. The purchase price was 1860€, so I'm not going any lower on this.
Straight sale is preferred, but I might consider a trade. The bass is located in southern Germany.

Here are some guidelines for trades:

No fretless
No P - Basses
4-string fretted only
No Asian basses (Skyline, Fender Japan, etc)
Active or Active/Passive electronics

• 1 year later...

Been a long time bump!

I haven't been actively shopping the bass, but I'm moving overseas, so I'd like to unload it before the end of the month.

A couple of minor scratches (near the bridge) from string changes since I've last posted. Nothing major. I can take a couple of pics, if necessary.

Manne isn't a household name, but this is a one-of-a-kind instrument built for the Musik Messe, with a ton of mojo (the body was set on fire a la Jimi Hendrix).
I'm the original owner.

The price remains a very fair €1000 or its GBP equivalent. New price was €1860. Sale preferred, but I might consider a trade for a 4-string active bass.

• 2 weeks later...