Why become a member? ×

This is why i love my RC50.

elephantgrey

[i]Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but its an anecdote about an effects pedal so i put it here (mods feel free to move if inappropriate please).[/i]

So yesterday a mate of the household came round from being in Africa for 7 months. At one point he looked over at my board (which i have next to my pc, plugged into the amp under my motors) and asked if ive seen this video of someone on youtube playing with a loop pedal. because i know he plays guitar instead of introducing him to beardyman i got down my boss RC-50. After me having to explain why there is a piece of tape saying FISTY over the 50 (when i told the band i brought it thats what they heard, and we spent practice making jokes instead of practising) i plugged it in and handed him a guitar. Then after a bit of me explaining how it works he started playing.
I love seeing what people do when first handed a loop pedal. Everyone seams to go about it differently, and i always come out after watching them with some new inspiration. They always come up with interesting ways to simulate drums, ways to structure a song or new ways to set my board to get different tones to layer ontop of each other. That as well as the musical things they do that are new to me (like playing a clean A and an OD'd Cm to make together an A7th).

Ive gotten my values worth from it just from watching other people playing on it, let alone playing with it myself.