Why become a member? ×

Tobias Growler For Sale TRADED
£500

sbrag

Tobias Growler 4 String for sale with a Tobias hard case. Very light, very playable, modern sounding bass guitar.

I have owned this bass about a year and it was a real heart over head purchase from this forum as my sons name is Tobias. Im looking to get back what i paid for it which was £500. Only selling as the tone is too modern sounding for my taste and as such it doesnt get played as much as it should. It does however have a fantastic slap tone is so easy to play i almost feel competant at slapping with this bass. The asymetric neck is very easy to play. It is one of the lightest I've played and shows about 7.5 lbs on my luggage scales.
Photos at:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/vabpdi5rpvb830x/AACNZI1XISOgo-i8pV-yetk6a

There are a couple of marks on the body near the pickup and a scratch on the head which I've tried to show in the pics. The pickup and preamp were changed before i got it to a Seymour Duncan Basslines pickup and i believe a seymour duncan preamp (not 100% sure on that). The down side of this is one of the treble boost switches and one of the 2 band eq switches dont work due to the Basslines pickup being dual coil unlike the Bartolini Quad coil that was the original.

Bass is in Downend Bristol and you are welcome to try it or postage for about £25 is also fine. I would be interested in any interesting trades especially for a Peavey T40, Shergold Marathon or Modulator, Guild B301/302 , interesting Jap Crap or any non fender basses from 1975 of a similar value to this. Also a cheap non epiphone Tobias (eg Toby Pro) or MTD RD plus cash may interest me. What have you got I can only say no. I would prefer face to face meet up for any trades.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

I did also buy a 2nd hand Bartolini quadcoil pickup to fit but didnt get round to. happy to include or sell seperatly for an aditional £50..

Edited by sbrag