Why become a member? ×

SOLD: TC Electronic Staccato '51 - SOLD
£400

I bought this from one of our brethren on Basschat quite recently and was so taken with it I have decided to sell only 4 months later! :) In truth it reignited my love of the TC RH (type) amps and I've pulled the trigger and 'upgraded' to a RH 750 as a result of using the Staccato '51 for a while. I'd genuinely forgotten how versatile these amps are, with a whole range of features very usable in the 'real world' and none that aren't for most of us. The three on-board memories (for storing favoured settings and enabling easy swapping between - for example - different output basses) and the hugely flexible - and simple to use - tone shaping available make for an incredibly versatile and user friendly amp.

I actually used to own a RH450 and sold it when I became band-less a while back. Picking up the Staccato was like being reunited with an old friend. The only real difference between this and it's almost identical brother, the RH450, is the voicing of the amp, which has been tweaked in line with Mr Prestia's personal preferences, offering more weight in the bass combined with a smooth and emphatic treble that really cuts through. Of course, with the amount of flexibility these amps offer, it's but the twiddle of a knob to get pretty much any tone you care for anyway. Some blurb and deets from the TC website (and used with the kind permission of Scooby, from his own advert a while back):

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=open_sans, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]In response to Rocco Prestia's (Tower of Power's bassist) stringent needs, TC Electronic present the Stacatto '51. Based upon TC's best-selling RH450 head, the [color=red][size=4]Staccato[/size][/color] 51, and as such has all the unique features of the 450 such as Tubetone Technology, Spectra Comp per-string compression and integrated fast-tracking chromatic tuner. The [color=red][size=4]Staccato[/size][/color] however is voiced for Rocco's unique "Finger Style Funk" playing with accentuated highs and lows and fast, accurate response.[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=open_sans, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][b]Tech Specs[/b][/size][/font][/font][/color][list]
[*]Input connector: 1/4" jack
[*]Input impedance: 1 Mohm / 100 pF
[*]Gain range: -96 to 32dB
[*]Bass: Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
[*]Low Mid: Center Freq: 400Hz (range: 100-1600Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
[*]High Mid: Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
[*]Treble: Center Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz, Gain: +12/-24dB)
[*]Tube Tone: 0 to 12, Tube amp Recreation
[*]Spectra Comp: 3 band Spectral Compression
[*]Preset Level: -12 dB to 0 gain attenuation
[*]User Memories: 3 memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute & Master Level
[*]Tuning range: Chromatic, constant on A0 (27.50Hz) to E5 (659.26Hz)
[*]Mute: Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
[*]Master Level Headphone Output: Studio quality headphone amp
[*]Impedance: 40 to 600 Ohm
[*]Mains supply: Universal 100 - 240V 50/60Hz (80w @ 1/8 Power)
[*]Speaker out: Combined Speakon / 1/4" jack
[*]Power rating: 450w (800w Peak)
[*]Balanced output: Transformer Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Pre-amp
[*]Max. Output: +0dBu
[*]Optimal Load Impedance: 600 Ohm
[*]Preamp out: 1/4" Jack, Balanced Output, Max Output Level = +8dBu
[*]Power amp in: 1/4" Jack, balanced input, impedance = 10 kOhm, Max Input Level = +8dBu
[*]Rehearsal input: RCA, Left/Right input, fits to iPod
[*]Digital Recording out: Balanced XLR, AES/EBU, (24-bit)
[*]Remote connection: 5 pin DIN, Cable with shield
[*]Dimensions: 275 x 290 x 66 mm / 10,8" x 11,4" x 2,6"
[*]Weight: 4kg / 8.8 pounds
[*]Finish: Sandblasted die-cast aluminum
[/list]
Here's a link to the TC website and the relevant pages for more comprehensive 'from the horse's mouth' info: [url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/staccato51/"]http://www.tcelectro...com/staccato51/[/url]

And some snaps of the actual amp I have for sale:

[url="http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Myrtle2014/media/2015-06-02%2018.33.26_zpsavjlqsrj.jpg.html"][/url]

The only issue is the slight crack in the 'Mute' button, quite common to these amps (it happened with my RH450 too), and which has no effect on the sound or operation. Everything works perfectly and it is otherwise blemish-free and spotless. I am pricing for a quick sale at a figure I think represents something of a bargain:

[u][b]£400, to include delivery to mainland UK[/b][/u] (happy to courier elsewhere for additional cost).

The amp will be securely packaged and includes the dedicated TC gig bag, as well as a manual I down-loaded from the net and some info specific to the model. You'll see from the TC website that these now appear to be discontinued, though where you can find them listed they'll be not far shy of a £1k. Thanks for looking one and all.

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1433272552' post='2789709']
The only issue is the slight crack in the 'Mute' button, quite common to these amps (it happened with my RH450 too), and which has no effect on the sound or operation.
[/quote]
I have the same amp and this problem should be a no brainer to a potential buyer : it is covered by TC warranty, just email them and they will send you a new set of buttons to replace to original ones. I've done that on my staccato and it's easy to do :)

GLWTS as can't hardly justify buying a second amp now even if it is a bargain ;)

[quote name='Aqntbghd' timestamp='1433321950' post='2790007']
I have the same amp and this problem should be a no brainer to a potential buyer : it is covered by TC warranty, just email them and they will send you a new set of buttons to replace to original ones. I've done that on my staccato and it's easy to do :)

GLWTS as can't hardly justify buying a second amp now even if it is a bargain ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out. I'd understood that to be the case and - indeed - should have done it myself but I kind of got overtaken by events and have found myself selling quite quickly after, er, 'spontaneously' purchasing a new amp. :blink:

Edited by Bass Culture

Hi Fellows

I am interested in using this Red amp.

Thanks Aqntbghd for this info, i think Bass culture will ask for these pots.

@Bass culture : PM sent, i just answer. Here my address for the shipping price.
I wish you could give me the original invoice. I need it to insure my gear.

Back up for an 'available again'-type bump. It's been mentioned before but, as well as all the awesome tone shaping-ness available it's also what can only be described as...red. :rolleyes: As you'll see from the lovely Bassida's Youtube review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPer4MQEUo0

I should say that I've been offered a couple of trades for this but I'm looking for a sale only as I need to recoup some of the cash I splashed out on the RH750. I can consider taking payment in a couple of instalments if cashflow's an issue for a potential buyer. Thanks.

Edited by Bass Culture