Why become a member? ×

Need Advice on a new amp please

scarletcrompton

Hi
Im pretty new to the bass and on the hunt for an amp. I have £350 to play with and i thonk ive narrowed it down to 4 and was wondering if anyone has any advice.
The 4 are

Ashdown MAG C115-300 EVO III Bass Guitar Amplifier Combo

TC Electronic BG250-115 MKII Bass Guitar Amplifier Combo

Orange Crush PIX CR100BXT Bass Combo Amplifier

Orange Terror Bass 500 Bass Guitar Amplifier Head.

I have an old Fradan 1x12 cab to use with the orange head.

We play garage rock and as raw as possible.

Cheers for any advice.

Will

Are you looking to get an amp to practice with on your own, practice with a band or go gigging with?

If you are looking to practice with a band or gig, what are your guitarists playing through and how loud are you generally? Is there a PA available at practices or the gigs?

It will be used for all of the above. One of The guitarist has a fender champion 100 combo and not sure what the other uses.

A PA is available most of the time depends on the venue really but gigs are small to medium sized. Pubs mainly at the moment.

I was thinking of future proofing my self as much as i can incase things get bigger.

Things can get a bit loud.

Edited by scarletcrompton

I'm quite a fan of the Orange, but it's very very powerfuI. If your Fradan cab was built in Lancashire in the '60s it'll probably have a weedy Goodmans speaker in it or similar. The Terror Bass will destroy that in pretty short order.

Guest bassman7755

I think going for a head rather than a combo is a good idea since at that price combos arn't really spectacular. The orange terror is a good no-nonsense "rock and roll" amp with plenty of power - I think its a good call.

Edited by bassman7755