Why become a member? ×

Trace 715 repair in north yorkshire (and a few other places)

bobbass4k

Can anyone reccomend someone to repair my old Trace 715 (By old I mean made before they shut down, then started making new stuff)? In both North Yorkshire and Canterbury/london (it's a bit of a long story). There's a distinct lack of north yorkshire reccomendations in the stickied thread :) Anywhere in york (except rock ola, had a bad repair expeirence before) would be ideal, leeds is fine, but anyhwere further is pushing it (i can't drive yet so i'm having to blag a lift). I've read the stickied reccomendation thread, but does anyone know which would be better for my Trace 715 in the above mentioned north yorkshire area, or north kent, or north london (if i have to do it london it'll be from watford and the guy giving me a lift doesn't like driving into the center of london, understandably)

Reading it back, that's very confusing, even to me, but oh well, i'll be happy to clarify anything,

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I've no idea what's wrong with it, i jacked in and turned it on like i've done a thousand times and it just hummed, no matter what i do to it or set it at, it just hums, the "gain-o-meter" isn't lighting up, the output knob's always been a little scratchy, and it still scratches, but it doesn't make a difference to the hum, i've tested the speaker with other stuff and that's fine, so it's defenitley the head, i've taken it out and had a butchers, and nothings visibly blown or shorted, i'm half compotent with electronics, but i've no exeprience with amps so i'd much rather take it to someone who know's what their doing.

What are the Northallerton guy's rates? Does he charge to take a look, charge for parts, charge if he can't fix it, replace it if he kills it etc.?

Cheers

I took a marshall Tsl amp to him for a service, cost me £100. The reason it was so much was because it had dozens of dry joints in it and a couple of other bits and pieces needed sorting.

They're always going to charge to take a look, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. Also, he's unlikely to kill it, he'll have all the Trace diagrams, test equipment and he'll know what he's doing.