Why become a member? ×

Precison Pickup Recommendation for 70s type sounds

Lozz196

My 78 P (ash body, maple neck) is decidedly darker than most other Precisions I've played. Its got the stock grey bottom PU's and grinds like a good un, but always a bit deeper than the others. I've always thought its the heavy Northern ash body? Whatever I string it with or whatever style its used for, it will always be my favourite bass - can't ever get another set up like it and the B neck is fantastic. Coming a close second and streets ahead of many US models is my Classic 50's - again stock PU's and a ridiculously light alder body, it thumps like crazy. I've often thought about experimenting and swapping the PU's around in the 2 bass's but never got around to it!

• 8 years later...
On 30/04/2015 at 22:34, M@23 said:

Can you get one made? I'm sure if you send your other one off someone could give the wire and winding a once over and have a good go at creating one. I know the perfect guy, but he is unfortunately out of action for the time being. He makes some incredible pickups though at good prices. I'm sure there are others that do likewise out there.

Sorry to revive such an old thread. I wondered who the person you know who winds pickups s and if you have a link to get in contact. 

cheers