Why become a member? ×

Rocksmith Guitar/Bass Game - XBox 360/PS3 - Is it any good?

Jonnyboy Rotten

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of 'Rocksmith'?

This is an XBox/PS3 game which follows the principal of Guitar Hero but the main difference is that you get to plug your own guitar or bass in rather than some tiny plasticy fake guitar with only four 'notes'.

I thought it might be a good idea to pick up a copy on the cheap and use it for finger exercise and practicing - its gotta be better than playing by yourself to a metronome eh?

OTOH I have heard it is a bit laggy and you have to download an expansion pack to play bass with it.

I just wondered if anyone had used/played it with a bass with/without the DLC and if it was any good?!

Cheers folks.

It's not a bad learning tool. it takes a bit of getting used to playing along with songs.
The best feature is the session mode on rocksmith 2014 which lets you jam along with a band and shows scales etc.

you don't need an expansion pack to play bass (you select your instrument at the start of the game and can switch from bass to guitar whenever you like.)

It's only laggy if you use the audio from your tv/HDMI cable. (use an analog method of attaching your speakers or use headphones and you're golden)

I have this for the PC , gift from a well meaning relative , its actually pretty good on my machine , and the practice studio its really good.#

Its improved my 6 string guitard skills , wouldnt suggest if you use a 5 string though

the xbox usb type cable as an added bonus works with all pc's as an audio interface with a bit of a driver tweak ;-)