Why become a member? ×

Suggestions please!

JonnyB

Hi all,
I'm in a pop covers band, whose keyboard player left recently, leaving me (bass), lead guitar(and male vocals), female vocals, and drums. So we're going with 3 piece w/vocals on top. Some of the original numbers are ok, but mostly whenever there's a guitar solo, all the harmony goes (obviously) so do you have any suggestions for pieces? Police comes to mind as they are a 3 piece, aren't they?
We're doing some Van Morrisson, Oasis, Coldplay, Stereophonics, Maggie May, and Mustang S (of course). So we need to expand the set list a bit!
Personally I'd love to do some sabbath but have been out-voted! Well, I suppose it doesn't fit in the set...
Cheers all,
JonnyB.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='267315' date='Aug 21 2008, 07:44 PM']Just be thankful the keyboard player left, so you don't have to hurt people's ears with MIDI horn patches any more.

The Who had a few poppy tunes. The Jam. Cream? There's plenty of replacements for Mustang Sally right there.[/quote]

Ok, thanks - I'll look into that.