Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: sfx-modded Bad Monkey tube overdrive. SOLD
£45

Bass Culture

As part of a small pedal cull I have my sfx-modded Digitech Bad Monkey tube overdrive pedal for sale. It hasn't had much use and is in as new condition. sfx (our very own Silent Fly) make their own high quality pedals as well as offering modifications and custom orders too. The Bad Monkey is already a great and highly regarded overdrive pedal but the modification elevates to another level. I've pulled the text from the sfx website to explain what it consists of:

[i]"This mid extends the frequency response of the Bad Monkey to better cover the lower notes of the Bass Guitar. Not only does it allow the tone of the bass guitar to be faithfully processed but, thanks to the high quality components used, it increases the definition and creates a more organic and tighter sound.[/i]

[i]sfx: mid.control mod[/i]

[i]With this mod the Bad Monkey can be switched in 3 different modes:[/i]
[i]BM Mode (switch in the middle). The pedal works as the original[/i]
[i]Warm mode (switch on the left). The pedal has a slightly less pronounced midrange response. It is ideal to cut some of the frequencies that clash with the guitar.[/i]
[i]Deep Mode (switch on the right). The pedal has a more pronounced scooped tone that is great for very solid low tones."[/i]

[url="http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Myrtle2014/media/P3280043_zps608nbekz.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Myrtle2014/media/P3280044_zpsf1onyzlu.jpg.html"][/url]

So there you have it - an already great sounding pedal now voiced specifically for bass. It always sounded terrific to me but I've little knowledge of effects otherwise so I can't say how it compares to others out there. This is boxed and in as new condition, having received nowhere near as much use use as it deserved. Looking for £35, which will include delivery to the UK. Thanks
(Just adjusted asking price as unmodified ones appear to go for around £20, and new ones with the modification from sfx are £72 + delivery, but can't edit the Price or Trade Value at the top of the post - sorry.)

Edited by Bass Culture