Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1968 - Feeler :(
£2995

dodgnofski

As my advancing Arthritis means that I can only play for around 10 to 15 minutes a time these days, I am considering letting my beloved - all original apart from a few screws - 1968 Fender Precision go to a new home where it will be used as it should :(!! I have owned a vintage P in the past which was virtually unmarked and guess what? yep, didn't dare to take it out of the house, let alone 'Gig' with it! Whereas This beauty only gets better with age and use.

This is not one to hang on the wall and sadly never used, unless your main thing is Mojo? as this has it in spades. This is one of the very last of the few transition jobbies before Fender changed to the more modern looking livery and still retains all the much sought pre CBS characteristics, but also has the ultra rare original 'Lollipop' tuners, which I think we're only used between 1965 to 1968 and originally only fitted to Jazz Basses.

It also sports the prettiest Nitrocellulose Tort Pickguard I've ever seen which is undamaged and which my very poor photography really does not do justice to.

The pickups are original and very powerfull. The neck is straight and is the 'B' profile which I find much more comfortable to play than the earlier, wider 'C' profile neck.

The truss rod is fully operational and the action is very low - all the way up the fingerboard, which I believe is a very dark rosewood??

The Bridge is the 60's 'threaded' type and works fine and the Fender Decal is the original 'transition' type.

There is natural crazing to what's left of the original finish, which has worn due to lots of use over the past 46 + years. However, the frets have decades of life left in them.

The sound is superb and quite varied using the tone control and is a dream to play, currently sporting Status Nylon coated flat wound strings 40 to 100 gauge.

Complete with original Fender case, however I would prefer cash on collection, or if you are too far away, you can arrange your own courier and pay via Bank Transfer.

Would consider a Fender CIJ or MIJ Precision for home noodling or WHY in part exchange??

ps - I have the original finger / thumb rest but took it off as it was getting in the way and will be refitted.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Edited by dodgnofski