Why become a member? ×

MXR M80 DI problem

badboy1984

Anyone experience problem with their M80 pedal?

My first problem occur is when using the M80 DI live where the pedal picks up loud radio signal when DI to the PA. Got rid of the radio signal by pressing the ground lift button.

Second time the problem is loud sizzing noise when using my pedalboard and the M80 was last on the chain. Line output to the amp. Once the pedal engage the sizzing noise is loud. If by pass the pedal then everything else is normal.

This is how the signal goes:

Bass -> Boss tuner -> Boss compression/sustainer -> EBS reverb -> EBS chorus -> Dunlop bass wah -> Dod fx25b -> Boss EQ -> MXR M80 -> Ashdown LB30

If you're using the box as a DI are you using phantom power from the desk, so you're not picking something up that happens to be on the same electrics circuit as something else random.

is the buzzing only when your distortion is active? If so you can set the noise gate to cancel out the noise when you're not playing anything.

Did more testing this morning. Is not the pedalboard or other pedals that causing the problem. Is the MXR M80 have problem.

I've just run the m80 solo and the pedal sounds ok when it is in bypass mode. When i engage the effect it start crackle and sizzing. When i run the pedal on parrellel output it sounded fine. I guess the Di might be ok but i'm not sure.

Could be a bad jack on the pedals output?

Might need to find a pedal repairer to sort this out.

It seema the sizzing noise is the radio interferance. As i turn up the treble to full i can hear the radio. Turn the mid down i get more sizzing noise.

It maybe to do with my house that can pick up things like that. I need to try the pedal else where to see if same problem occurs.