Why become a member? ×

FS Musicman Stingray 5 ('95 model)
£900

johnthebassist

[attachment=185577:0MfH8S8 - Imgur.jpg] [attachment=185579:cuhZJ54 - Imgur.jpg]

1995 Musicman Stringray 5 in fantastic condition. Rosewood board, maple body, 3-band EQ.

[attachment=185580:j6xwqlu - Imgur.jpg]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]The neck is straight with a little relief dialled in for a fast, low action. This can easily be altered using the pin-wheel truss rod adjuster. The electronics are also [/color][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]working perfectly, with no [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]pops or crackles. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The outer edge of the battery compartment is missing a corner, presumably where a previous owner damaged it. [/font][/color]
[attachment=185581:l8G27Xi - Imgur.jpg]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]There are a couple of very minor scuff marks in the lacquer too, hardly noticeable.[/color][/font]
[attachment=185583:XZT7iGH - Imgur.jpg]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This bass is in excellent shape for a 20-year old instrument. There are no issues affecting playability or tone whatsoever.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The serial number is 56896, which I believe denotes it as a 1995 model[/font][/color].

I received this bass in a trade last year and have only gigged it a couple of times since.

I used it on a studio session for which I wanted that classic Chic sound, so I strung it with a £60 set of heavy gauge La Bella "Jamerson" flats. Truss-rod and intonation adjustments were very easy and the bass plays absolutely perfectly. If you want that Bernard Edwards sound, I'm happy to leave the flats on there (they'll last for years). Otherwise I can set it up with a nice new set of rounds.

Selling to fund a deposit for a house, so not interested in trades I'm afraid! I think £900 is very fair, but if you want to offer me more, of course I'll listen ;)

Cheers!

John

[attachment=185578:aCB9T7n - Imgur.jpg] [attachment=185584:ZWpWu8a - Imgur.jpg] [attachment=185582:w4xegaU - Imgur.jpg]

Edited by johnthebassist