Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass '61 NOS - SOLD PENDING USUAL
£1800

tanuki

This is a fine Fender custom shop jazz bass I bought a few months back off fellow TBer Noisyjon. This really is an excellent example, pristine condition, great construction and pickups, quarter-sawn maple neck. A great range of sounds from the stacked knob controls. This bass feels and sounds great, lovely neck and feel.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The specs are:[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1961 Jazz Bass, NOS[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Chocolate 3 Tone Sunburst[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Alder body[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Jazz Bass 4 Ply Tortoiseshell pick guard[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vintage Jazz bass pickups[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stack knob controls[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Quarter sawn maple neck[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Madagascar Rosewood fretboard[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7.25” Radius[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1961 Jazz Bass decal[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Standard bridge replaced with a Badass II bridge (both included)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]C/W Brown Fender case and all accessories[/font][/color]

I’m only shifting this because I am more of a precision bass player and I can borrow a 1962 jazz bass for the one gig I use one for so I can’t really justify keeping such an expensive instrument as I would really like a Precision with a jazz neck.

Whoever picks up this bass will not be disappointed, the construction and sound are all top notch and the quarter-sawn neck feels amazing as well as being totally even in tone across the board. The sound is pure vintage jazz.

The bass is pictured mostly with a Badass II installed but the original bridge is included, Noisyjon measured the height precisely so the two are interchangeable without any need for set-up or adjustment

I’m not really looking for trades as such but will consider old precisions (with slimmer necks if possible) as well as high end precisions or P/J basses.

The bass is available to view in Bristol or occasionally London with some pre-planning.

Comes with case and all case candy intact.

Edited by tanuki

• 3 weeks later...

Still available, thanks for all the interesting trade options so far and apologies for any delays as i have been away.. This is an incredible bass.. i have been playing it and loving it the last few weeks, you really can't get any better than this for a jazz.. I just cant afford to keep it! The cash price i am looking for is [size=6][color=#ff0000]£1600[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...