Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Boss BR 600 Digital Portable Studio SOLD
£75

SOLD

Hi Folks

[b]BOSS BR-600[/b] 8-track portable digital studio with case, 128mb compact flash card, mic cable, box and instruction manual for sale, [b]£75.00[/b] or near offer plus p&p. The unit works on either 6 size AA batteries or a 9V DC adapter (not included). In great condition and fully functioning.

[b]Reason for selling[/b]
After two years of owning this great piece of kit, I've decided to put it up for sale. I bought it from MacDaddy in 2012 at the South East Bass bash but frankly, I've hardly used it, not because it's not a great little recording studio all in one small package - it is! But more because I've just never discovered the inner Phil Spector or Mark Ronson that I thought might be hiding in my creative psyche somewhere! Sad fact is, I just prefer playing bass really..

[b]Photos[/b]
[attachment=183591:20150204_094022.jpg] [attachment=183592:20150204_094245.jpg]
[attachment=183593:20150204_094824.jpg] [attachment=183594:20150204_094835.jpg] [attachment=183595:20150204_094806.jpg]

[b]Reviews, Blurb, online info etc[/b]
There are a lot of reviews available online, but here's an excerpt from one I found on Amazon here: ([url="http://www.amazon.com/BOSS-8-track-portable-digital-recorder/product-reviews/B000GHRU00"]http://www.amazon.co...iews/B000GHRU00[/url]):

[i]"A fantastic, portable machine with tons of features and excellent sound that will fulfill almost any need from recording quick ideas or live performances to recording your own album. BUY IT NOW!!!"[/i]

Here's what Boss say are it's main features:[list]
[*]Portable and ultra slim!
[*]8 simultaneous playback tracks
[*]64 virtual tracks
[*]CompactFlash memory card slot for recording media (128MB card included)
[*]Powerful guitar and effects processor, including vocal FX and pitch corrector
[*]Built-in drum machine with velocity-sensitive pads
[*]Built-in stereo microphone and battery power to record anywhere
[*]USB port for data transfer/computer connectivity
[/list]
Also, here's a YouTube tutorial which is really helpful:

[media]http://youtu.be/I48IpLOtHcA[/media]

I'm happy to post this or equally, if you're local and want to come and test it out, then that's cool too.. I'm based in Littlehampton, West Sussex. I guess p&p will be about £8.00.

Also on Ebay, so if it sells there, I'll have to withdraw this ad...

Anyway, thanks for looking and please feel free to PM me if you have any questions,

Nik

P.S. Here's more of the Boss blurb below:

[b]BR-600: Digital Recorder - The Ultimate Notebook Studio[/b]

2006 MMR Editor's Choice Award
BOSS has a long, celebrated history as the world’s premier compact-effects manufacturer, but now the BOSS brand has become synonymous with portable digital recording as well. The latest arrival in the BOSS recording line, the BR-600, is the most physically streamlined, feature-rich eight-track studio on the market.

Portable and ultra slim!
8 simultaneous playback tracks, 64 V-Tracks
CompactFlash memory card slot for recording media; 128MB card included. Buy a 1GB CompactFlash card here.
Powerful guitar and effects processor, including vocal FX and pitch corrector
Built-in drum machine with velocity-sensitive pads
Built-in stereo microphone and battery power to record anywhere
USB port for data transfer/computer connectivity
Carrying case and XLR-to-1/4" mic cable included
8 Tracks & Beyond
The BR-600 provides eight simultaneous playback tracks, but there’s more than meets the eye. Each of the eight tracks also contains eight V-Tracks (virtual tracks), which gives musicians quick access to 64 tracks of recorded material. They can record dozens of takes, and choose their favorites for mixdown.

BOSS FX
Tracks can be manipulated with the powerful effects built into the BR-600. Derived from BOSS high-end recorders, these quality algorithms can give even the dullest tracks maximum impact — mistakes can be fixed, mixes can be mastered. Included in the effects suite: COSM® guitar and bass amp models plus chorus, delay, reverb, and EQ for every channel. Pitch correction is provided as well.

Drum Machine Onboard
The BR-600 has a high-quality drum machine built in. Perfect backing tracks can be assembled from the nearly 300 drum/percussion patterns built in, or beats can be programmed from the velocity-sensitive pads. Rock, pop, blues, country, R&B, Latin, and more — kick-start a song from the many styles provided.

Field Recording
Wherever musicians go, the ultra-portable BR-600 is ready to record. It can operate on six AA batteries (or AC). Quality stereo microphones are built in for point-and-capture recording on the spot. Whether for recording band rehearsals, gigs, or capturing ambient sounds, the BR-600 is all musicians need to get the job done with no hassle.

CompactFlash
The BR-600 records its CD-quality digital audio direct to the included Compact Flash card, the international standard for reliable, portable storage, and even comes with a custom carrying bag and XLR-to-1/4" mic adapter

Edited by silverfoxnik