Why become a member? ×

FS or Trade: Ampeg SVT-CL (USA) and 410HLF
£900

jonmohajer1

Edit: Apologies I half-forgot about this thread and don't seem to get email notifications of messages etc, but I will try harder to keep on top of things now, as I'm now interested in selling this amp and cab once more. Finally uploaded photos to show rips to tolex (extensive on one side of the cab) and the changed knobs on front of amp.

Original offers of trades for solid state gear still stands. Happy to sell head & cab separately.

I'm selling my Ampeg SVT-CL head (£720) and 410 HLF cab (£180). The head is in very good condition, serviced around 6 months ago, in top working condition. I don't have the info to hand, but it's around 15 years old and has made in USA written on the back. I changed all the knobs on the front to smaller, rubber ones as a couple of the brittle plastic ones got damaged and came off the spline. I'm sure a handful of Ampeg knobs can be picked up for a few quid if that's your bag. A couple of tears in the tolex, but nothing major. The cab on the other hand is pretty battered looking (lots of big tears in the tolex), but works fine.

I'm after a solid state head, something fairly light but not necessarily a Class D. I'm happy to keep the cab, but if someone had a head and cab configuration they'd look to trade for this, I'd consider it. The main reason for sale is that it is simply too loud and heavy for my current needs.

I have a SansAmp, so really I'm just looking for a loud, clean amp, maybe even just a power amp, or maybe something like a Markbass, Trace Elliott or Hartke. If you have any trade offers, or are interested in buying the head, cab or both, drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Jon (Cardiff based)

Edited by jonmohajer1

Well, I'd be able to deliver for the cost of fuel, but Nottingham seems a bit far. I'm playing in Nottingham on 8th May, so could deliver then for free, but it is a while away. I wouldn't be against using an insured courier, or uninsured if the buyer is happy to assume the risk.

I'm actually now thinking I'd like to keep the cab and get a second hand Portaflex 500. If anyone has one they'd consider trading with around £500 for the SVT CL, hit me up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...