Why become a member? ×

Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird

NancyJohnson

Had a very quick perusal if the Ishibashi site this morning and for all you T-Bird fans out there, Gibson have issued a new Nikki Sixx 'Black Cherry' signature edition.

There's three models up...all look a little different from each other finish-wise...everything else looks the same. Red XX markers on the neck, different scratchplates to the usual Thunderbirds (with the same XX insignia and a signature). Needless to say, nothing on the Gibson site for us to drool over (I fail to see how, in this day and age, a company like Gibson can issue a new model and not even update theis sh*tty site).

Anyhow: [url="http://tinyurl.com/6av6rm"]LINK[/url] if you're interested.

P

[quote]Needless to say, nothing on the Gibson site for us to drool over (I fail to see how, in this day and age, a company like Gibson can issue a new model and not even update theis sh*tty site).[/quote]

Unbelievable since Sixx is Gibsons most popular Rock bassist. I think he's probably shifted more Epiphone T-Birds alone than the marketing department.
Lovely looking bass, shame about the inlays though, bit tasteless for my liking - should've gone for something more traditional or symmetrical