Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Spector Legend 6 with modifications
£550

ToolOfIgnorance

I've had a realisation that I've got more gear than I'm actually using so I am looking to sell my Spector Legend 6.

It's a blonde spalted top, very nice to play, it's never been gigged and to be honest it hasn't been used much at all - I bought an Ibanez 6 only a few months after buying the Spector and I haven't gone back to the Spector at all. It's not quite as new, in fact in my opinion it's better than new because it's had some modifications.

I've had the pre-amp changed to an Aguilar OBP-3 and the cavity has been fully shielded at the same time as the pre-amp was changed (when I first got it, it was picking up mobile signals - I spoke to a luthier at Spector USA who sent through some copper sheeting to do the job). It's also got Dunlop straplocks fitted to it. All the work has been done by Jon Shuker who is an awesome bass luthier - you'll see plenty of stuff about Jon on this site (he also checked the setup and put a new set of strings on that have hardly been touched - they might have had a few hours use at a push).

Like I say it's a lovely sounding bass which is great to play, but I've found that I get on so much better with the 34" scale of the Ibanez's so my Spector is just sat with nothing to do.

I'm near Lincoln and would prefer collection although I can meet up somewhere if it's not a massive distance. I can look into posting if requested but I've not got a hard case with it so would obviously be wary of couriers.

I'm asking for £550 which seems like a great deal for a standard Legend 6 which are retailing over the £700, but with the upgraded preamp, shielding etc...........

[attachment=182131:20141031_2000081.jpg]
[attachment=182132:20141031_2000371.jpg]
[attachment=182133:20141031_2000571.jpg]
[attachment=182134:20141031_2001181.jpg]
[attachment=182135:20141031_2003411.jpg]
[attachment=182136:20141031_2005491.jpg]

Edited by ToolOfIgnorance

Back to the top with a bumpity bump.

I have found an Ultimate Gig bag which I'm happy to include with this (I'll make sure the bass is put inside it so that it's nice and safe) - and I've also found a bass sized cardboard box so I'm happy to include couriering as well if required now that I'm happy it should be well protected.