Why become a member? ×

Clicking Little Mark II

siggi

I am getting an intermittent clicking noise from my Little Mark II - At first I thought I was being clumsy and clouting the bass string against the pick up - But then I used it with several other bassists playing my amp _ the first a very junior player let me set up the amp and I am sure that the gain and master were only at a mid point so no chance of clipping. The second bassist had already set himself up and sounded fine initially but when he started to play harder - there was the clicking - When I checked he had wound the gain round to about 3 oclock - complaining that his Warwick was a really quiet bass - I reset the gain closer to the 12 oclock that I tend to use - and the clicking did not re- appear .
Is this me doing something daft or is their a fault that I have yet to identify - I play an OLP - both 4 and 5 passive and I use an Ampeg Portabass cab 2 x 12 with one of the original speakers replaced with an Eminence Deltalite.
Any input/ ideas appreciated .
Oh yeah, the rig was DI'd into pub PA system on this occasion but I am pretty sure that the noise has occured when played stand alone ( or at least I think so )