Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Musician Project Bass
£300

Gray

Ibanez Musician Bass.

This was my main gigging bass for a long time. It has been somewhat modified over the years.

Last year I decided that I was going to refurb it - however, I have become very time poor so realistically I won't get around to giving it the time it deserves.

Its a January 1981 model. I believe an MC924.

At some point the following has taken place :-

Its been sprayed white. This is worn in places to show the original Dark Stain colour underneath.

The pickups and active circuit have been removed and replaced with EMG jazz pickups. The routs have been filled (its quite a neat job - the black marks around the pickups appears to be some kind of residue from anti noise paint.

The EMG pickups no longer work properly.

The tuners have been replaced with schallers.

This will require some time and effort to get back to original condition, but would be very playable with some new pickups (I was going to get it routed back out for EMG 45's) and a set up.

I am based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. I will not be posting this but happy to travel for delivery / meet up.

[attachment=179838:IMG-20150102-00107.jpg][attachment=179839:IMG-20150102-00106.jpg][attachment=179840:IMG-20150102-00105.jpg][attachment=179841:IMG-20150102-00104.jpg]

Edited by Gray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...