Why become a member? ×

Which Mini Toggle Switch

Guest MoJo

I want to put a pickup selector switch in my Samick (P/J) bass but, I'd like to fit something a little more discreet than the usual Switchcraft (Gibson style) toggle that I've fitted to my BB414's in the past. I am thinking along the lines of a mini toggle or micro toggle but, which one do I need SPDT On-On-On or DPDT On-On-On and how is it wired?

Hi MoJo, you will need a DPDT ON-ON-ON Mini Toggle Switch. Don't go for the micro toggle as they are a little less robust and are apt to break sooner. You can get one of these switches from www.warmanguitars.co.uk or go on ebay for them (Warman Guitars are the only ones that sell them on there anyway). As for the wiring... Looking at the back of the switch as the terminals are running in a verticle line. The two centre terminals would be wired together and a wire from these leading to your volume control (assuming that you are using only one volume control). Take note of how the center pins connect indevidually to the outer pins when the switch is in the centre position and connect your neck pickup to one end pin and the bridge pickup to the other end pin on the opposing side. The pins to connect to should be apparent to you from the diagram. Good luck. Martin.
[URL=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/umpdv5000/media/3PositionDPDTON-ON-ONMinToggleSwitch_zpsd51080d0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/umpdv5000/3PositionDPDTON-ON-ONMinToggleSwitch_zpsd51080d0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]