Why become a member? ×

Been meaning to do this for months

Marshy

Here's three pics of my modest collection.

First up is my first "real" bass: a Bass Collection II DB43E (I still remember the goddam model!). This must be over 15 years old now (which seems like a lot to me) and was one of the last models Bass Collection did before going pop in the early 90s.

Sat unused for some time while I flirted with another mistress (MM Stingray V) and now I'm back to the BC. With a setup and some lighter strings, it's quite nice :)
[attachment=11772:BCfront.jpg.jpg]

Then there's the workhorse. Playing in an acoustic singer/songwriter style of band, fretless fits so very well. Picked this Warwick Corvette up in the US for about 300 quid a year or so back. Had to leave another bass over there with a friend to get this one home. Well worth it: again, a good setup has worked wonders. It might only be a passive bass, but the inherent tone is great in the first place.
[attachment=11773:WarwickFront.jpg.jpg]

Lastly: the most expensive thing I've bought that isn't a house, car or Apple laptop: an NS Bass Cello. My arco sucks, but played upright, this thing is a hoot. Recommended if two grand's burning a hole in your pocket.
[attachment=11774:BassCelloFront.jpg.jpg]

I should grab some pics of my new preferred amp solution - later, perhaps. Ashdown Superfly + 2x8 cab. SUCH a welcome change over 2x10s or bigger. Back problems last year convinced me to scale things down...

Anyway- that'll do for now.

--Chris