Why become a member? ×

3-in-1... choose your poison

Aussiephoenix

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='257250' date='Aug 7 2008, 02:42 PM']Hey Andy,

No, its not entirely hypothetical... this guy is used to picking up the diagrams of well known pedals off the net, and making his own based on that, with a few added bells and whistles...

So, what I was thinking about initially was something along the lines of:

(TC Electronics Bass Chorus + Flanger) +
(some kind of deep fat phaser) +
Delay (if I could find a MUCH SIMPLER delay than the DL4, but that could record a long enough phrase, that would be just wicked, and yeah,. I'd like the normal delay options though nothing too extensive)

I really liked the idea of a "Flanger with very flexible controls so you can go from chorus to phaser type sounds"... if you know about any pedal that will fit this bill, let me know.

Now, I'd like to have some input from you guys in what specific pedals you would choose that would be doable in DIY and would have good quality and versatility.[/quote]

how good is your mate at building things? because having all of those in a reasonable sized enclosure would be near on impossible

[quote name='umph' post='285008' date='Sep 16 2008, 01:55 PM']how good is your mate at building things? because having all of those in a reasonable sized enclosure would be near on impossible[/quote]

He's pretty good at it. for what I had in mind, he had made in the past something that looked similar to the moog pedals, but extended, and the top wasnt 1 piece, but 1 for each "pedal", the idea being, you get sick of that pedal, you get another made, to fit in the same enclosure, and its pretty much plug and play.

However, a lot of what's been said here made sense, and I'm giving up on the idea, as it's never going to be "perfect", so I'm going the separate pedal way.