Why become a member? ×

SOLD PLEASE DELETE
£245

playbass

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This is an EA CXL 1x12" cab with a new lightweight Neodymium Eminence [color=#282828]Deltalite II 2512 12" [/color]driver, because the old one broke. The driver was only fitted in May. [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Spec:[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]250W[/color]
[color=#282828]8 Ohms[/color]
[color=#282828]16.8kg [/color]

[color=#282828]HxWxD[/color][/font][/size][/color]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]50x43x38cm[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#282828]The full signal goes to the 12" driver. It could be used as a 'no-tweeter' cab to pair with another cab that has a tweeter if you like the super high frequencies, or on it's own, as I have been doing, for smaller gigs. As it doesn't have a tweeter I have found myself turning the treble up on my amp and once the band is playing I can't tell it doesn't have a tweeter. Like a lot of people say, it's a smoother treble, but it certainly isn't lacking in the treble (I like my treble). Only selling as I'm using another bigger cab for gigs now. [/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Trades[/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]I would prefer a straight cash sale... But I may entertain partial trades with a jazz style bass as I am considering swapping my current USA Fender Jazz Deluxe. I also may be tempted by a cheap light-weight amp head to use as a backup or even small gig combo. I am quite fussy about what I'd accept, but always enjoy trade offers, so if you're interested in this bass let me know, you never know your luck.[/color]

[color=#282828][b]Location[/b][/color]
[color=#282828][color=#000000]Lincoln, Lincolnshire. [/color][color=#000000]I would prefer to do a deal in person. I think that is much safer than using a courier, but we can discuss a courier if absolutely essential.[/color][/color]

Edited by playbass

Yes, you're right. The original tweeter was connected to the back of the original woofer, with the tweeter sounds coming through a horn fitted where you normally have a dust cap dome in the centre of the speaker. So when the original driver was removed and replaced with a conventional 12" driver there isn't an easy way of refitting the tweeter, so I decided to convert it to be more like the Euphonic Audio Wizzy 12, as in it doesn't have a tweeter. EA don't have any of the original CXL drivers in stock, so it couldn't be restored to it's original state. I look at this cab like the Aguilar GS112NT. All of the signal is going to the 12" driver.

I should have also mentioned that the can comes with an after market cover too.

Edited by playbass