Why become a member? ×

2002 Warwick Thumb-Withdrawn for now
£1100

KennysFord

Withdrawn for now.
I'm gonna try to shift my unused gear first.
Apologies to all interested parties and hopefully you'll understand.

Price dropped to £1000 shipped, £970 collected.
Hi Folks,
Up for a a very reluctant and sad sale is my 2002 Warwick Thumb NT.
This has been my main gigging Bass for the last two years I'm pretty gutted it has to go but alas.

I recently fitted a new John East U-Retro pre amp and a set of new Bartolini 9cbjd Pickups it also sports a Hipshot De-tuner
The Bass is pretty much mint for a 12 year old.One very slight and very shallow dink in the back of the neck and other than that it's basically flawless.
The addition of the U-Retro has transformed the Bass, not just an improvement in the basic tone of the thing but it has a lot more versatility now as well having the adjustable midrange. The Barts have also beefed the tone up quite a bit, especially on the G string which was a little thin with the MEC's that were fitted.
There have been no alterations made to the Bass with these improvements.

The neck is definitely on the skinny side.the frets are perfect and the truss rod works.
A Warwick hard Rock Case, Truss Rod key and Warwick Wax are included in the sale.
I've loved this Bass since the day I bought it, it's been babied and extremely well looked after and is an absolute joy to play.

I'll be very sad to see it go but times ain't good at the moment so I need to raise some cash. The only trade I would consider would be for a FNA 4 Jazzman with cash my way or a straight swap on a FNA Jazzman Ltd Edition so please folks, no other trades.

If I get one of these then I'll sell my Limelight P Bass to raise the cash I need.
Price is £1100.
I'd be happy to courier it but honestly would rather it be collected or In light of it's value I'd be happy to deliver it locally or meet up within reason.
Cheers for now then.

Edited by kennyrodgers

Thanks, yeah, it's a beaut !!
I've been moping around all morning coming to terms with parting with it :rolleyes: :lol:
It stands me at a fair bit more but I'm in discussions atm for a grand posted / insured, no deal struck yet though. Id rather keep it than sell it for less to be honest and if that ends up being the case I'll try and move my Limelight Bass on to raise the cash I need.

Thanks again,
Pete.
B)

Bump for a wee price drop.
I've taken a few enquiries from interested parties but nothing firm at this point.
I'll drop it to £1000 for the Bass including UK shipping with insurance and see how we go.
Collection from Preston or relatively local meet up £970
Cheers.
B)

I had a play this evening, it really is a beautiful instrument, even more than in the pictures. Big, warm sound too. An absolute bargain, especially with the upgrades. I almost feel silly for not buying it, but I'm just hesitating about how a Thumb suits me, otherwise I'd have snapped it up. Pete is a great guy to deal with too.

Cheers for letting me try it Pete, much appreciated!

Cheers Sam,
Nice to meet you tonight and thanks for the post.
It was pretty gut wrenching in all honesty and even now I'm thinking should I, shouldn't I .........but I need to face reality and needs must.
Right then Phil, where were we....
B)

Something to think about. Sure, all basses have a cash value and we sometimes need to raise case. But that bass is worth so much more to you in memories, gigs, sentimental stuff. You can't put a price on that. One day those memories really begin to mean something powerful. Think carefully on this.