Why become a member? ×

FIXED

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='253899' date='Aug 3 2008, 08:12 PM']Hi, continuing with my VT-.40 I'm going to change the fuse and half it in rating. To do this the ideal fuse would be a Cooper Bussman GMA-2.5A with the following spec from the Cooper Bussman website:

Unfortunately unless ordering in bulk (100+) obtaining one of these seems near impossible so can anyone point me in the direction of either an identical fuse but from a different manufacturer or someone in the UK selling the fuse in single units.

Also i'm looking to change the front switch which just seems to be a simple rocker switch, my question however with regards to this is how do i disconnect the cables from the existing switch is it a matter of just pulling them really hard or is there a trick to it, or does it require some tool, this can be seen a little in the picture below:

Thank you in advance for any help[/quote]

I am sure Maplin will have a fuse that will do the job. The connectors on the mains switch will just pull off but why change it?

Dave

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='254159' date='Aug 4 2008, 09:50 AM']Hi, the fuses from maplin dont provide the voltage drop info and while some other quick blow glass fuses do, the ones that do provide the info dont provide the required voltage drop, so i have just chose to import the fuse from america now.

As for the switch the front had melted a little when i got it and it ended up giving me an electric shock so it has to be replaced, however the fast-on connectors that are attached to it are ridiculously tight and i cant seem to pull them off to replace the switch

Thanks[/quote]

I would suggest you take it to a tech as it's mains you are playing with. If you are getting shocks then DO NOT SWITCH IT ON UNTIL IT IS CHECKED OUT - you can DIE!

Dave