Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Sunburst 1966
£4500

Thebassman75

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]After a very pleasant sale of another bass to another basschatter recently, I've decided to put this 1966 Sunburst P-Bass up for sale. It's a transition year and is all original. I believe it was purchased around 3 years ago from Andy Baxter who decribed it as the 'cleanest he'd ever seen'. It was sold then for £4500 so I'm asking what it was worth 3 years ago which I think represents a good deal in investment terms. It's been in its case since I purchased it, never gigged in my time and is still in near mint condition. The bass is currently in Brighton. I can ship it but it would be much preferred for someone to collect it or arrange thier own shipping and insurance. Any questions, please ask[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There's a link to my flickr account for more pics which are made up of some of mine, some from the previous seller and some from Andy Baxter. I don't intend to infringe copyright here and I believe that the pics are still on websites and forums so are technically in the public domain, however if anyone is troubled by me using their or other people's pics, please just say so and I will get some more done. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For now, here's a little taster. Link is here: [/font][/color][url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/127194667@N07/sets/72157648481750541/"]https://www.flickr.c...57648481750541/[/url]

Yup, that baby used to be mine. I'm very happy for you to use the pics I took.

There are some people who believe that 'as new' vintage basses were never played because they are not so good, they may be right on some basses, but this bass has an INCREDIBLE tone and is a real killer.

It broke my heart to sell this bass, I had 2 66's and I kept the battered one, which by the way wasn't as good and later got sold on. If I didn't have to sell it, I never would have, but I needed the funds and the rest is history.

Gutted I can't buy it back, but good luck with the sale!

Edited by Chiliwailer