Why become a member? ×

Bass thru' a guitar amp

Leon Transaxle

Hi,
Planning to do some gigs as a duo with a mate.
He plays acoustic guitar, bouzouki, mado, blues harp etc.
I was thinking of alternating between bass and electric.
The idea I had was to use my vox 'lil looper to add to the compliment of instruments available.
My thinking is if I connect the looper through the send/return of my Fender Ultimate chorus I could use one input for a guitar and the other for a bass VI and use the looper on both. But the question is will I knacker the UC?
Its a big 2x12 65 watts per channel stereo solid state thing so I think probably not but confirmation would be helpful.
I know the sound may not be optimal and I might have to juggle with volumes to get the sound right. For the size place we would be playing volume shouldn't be a problem. I've never had it above 2 at the moment.

If you keep the volume of the bass down to reasonable levels, this shouldn't be a major problem. You'll hear, soon enough, if the speakers are suffering; I'd suggest trying it out, turn up until that point, and make a firm mental note never to even approach that volume again, whatever the circumstances. You won't get a full, bass tone from such an open-back cab, so don't expect to use 'sub' effects. The rest depends on the repertoire, really. Dubstep may be problematic. :mellow:[size=4] [/size]