Why become a member? ×

FS: Ashdown ABM500 210 Combo with fitted flightcase
£300

Truckstop

Hello,

I'm selling my recently acquired Ashdown combo because it doesnt really offer me much over my usual PF350/SP210 rig and I can't really afford to have a few hundred quid tied up in gear. That's not to say it's not good enough for me; it certainly is! It's just that it's a bit overkill for the type of gigs I do and sometimes I find it a little bulky. Included with this is a soft cover that has never, ever been used even once.

So this is an immaculate, 8 year old, UK built ABM combo with a flightcase that it's lived in since day one. Absolutely no issues with it at all. As far as I can tell it is as new as it left the factory. It may only be a 2x10, but it is thunderously loud with oodles of bass that'll easily keep up with a loud drummer and two 4x12 loving guitarists. God knows why you'd want to use an extension cab with it, it really is deafeningly loud. A lot of people warned me about buying this saying it'll be too bass heavy for me; I that to be a bit unfair. This combo is as articulate as you like and carries plenty of zing. Yes, it's able to push ultra-low frequencies around the room but once you adjust the bass knob(!) a real nice growly tone emerges and makes my BB424 sing. A real vintage tone monster.

Loads of features here: effects loop, 7-band EQ, switchable and blendable valve gain, sub-harmonic generator (basically a built in blendable octaver), post-EQ DI and passive/active inputs. Voltmeter lights up and works as it should. As i said previously, absolutely immaculate. Flightcase is also in good condition; secure, waterproof and has two lockable castors.

Too heavy to post and will not sell without the flightcase. Happy to deliver anywhere on the mainland for petrol money but would obviously prefer collection from St. Albans. Cash or bank transfer please, no paypal! Price is £300 FIRM. No offers and no trades.

Cheers

Alex