Why become a member? ×

Overwater by Tangelwood Aspiration Elite 4 String Fretless
£340

MisterFingers

[b]£340[/b]
Up for sale is this beauty - I bought it from another BC’er about a year and a half ago, and I just don’t play it enough to justify keeping it. (And my intonation hasn’t improved as quickly as I’d hoped). It’s in excellent condition, no dings or scratchy pots, but has a couple of issues which I’ll point out below. I’d prefer local pick up in Glasgow, but have a virtually brand new Gator hard case that I’d ship it in for an extra £35 (plus the shipping/insurance of course). The bass has never been gigged, and has been used in a pet and smoke free home. £325 to you fine sir/lady. Payment via Paypal and we split the fees -or cash on collect. If you want it couriered, then it’s easiest if the buyer makes arrangements.

Here’s the specs:

Overwater by Tanglewood ELITE 4 string Fretless Bass (These were (are?) made in small numbers and retailed new around the £740 mark). This one has an even rarer exotic top than standard, but I can’t remember what Overwater called it.

[i]Neck: 3 Piece Maple Bolt On[/i]
[i]Fretboard: Rosewood[/i]
[i]Body: White Ash with Maple Top[/i]
[i]Top: Figured[/i]
[i]Machines: Gotoh Style Mini[/i]
[i]Bridge: Overwater[/i]
[i]Pick-Ups: OW Soapbars[/i]
[i]Electronics: OW Active 3 Band EQ[/i]
[i]Controls:Vol ( Pull Bright) Pan | 3 Band EQ[/i]
[i]24 Frets, 19mm String Spacing, 40mm Nut (4 string) & fitted with original OW Light Gauge Nickel Strings[/i]

There is a flaw in the fretboard which I took as being a factory filled knot -it does not affect playing in the slightest. The other issue is the pretty big wooden shim under the heel. This was put in by a local luthier, because I wanted the action lower, and although it looks ugly, did not affect the tone of the bass at all. I could have sent it back to Chris at Overwater, but decided against it because of the time and hassle.
The bass plays and projects beautifully, with all the mwah you’d want.