Why become a member? ×

Defretting

guitarjong

[quote name='guitarjong' timestamp='1413823048' post='2582394']
Yes, I'm not sure what the full RRP of these basses was, but the Thomann indicated price in pounds sterling was £377.

I guess my credit card company will hit me a bit with their exchange rate and charges, but even then it should still look very good.
[/quote]
Fwiw I am seriously fighting the urge to buy the 5 string version. At £417 it is almost a 60% discount.

Just looked and the credit card company have charged me £3. So I am into it for £380, bargain really.

I took a few days deciding to pull the trigger or not, but came to the conclusion that Thomann have the 30 day money back thing, so it was worth doing. I have the cash saved up, and I want a fretless anyway.

I'd say go for it, if you can afford it. These basses are now discontinued, so the deal won't be around for ever. I missed out on a violin yellow PS Corvette by waiting.

I know about the "wait for a used German instrument to pop up here or on EBay" argument. But I don't think they go as low as I am paying. From what I've read, these Pro Series instruments are the same as the German production ones, just assembled in Korea.