Why become a member? ×

EBMM USA SUB Stirling 3EQ - original USA-made range, inc hard case
£390

timmyo

This is my EBMM USA SUB Stirling, which as you probably already know is a different beast to the current "Stirling by Music Man SUB" range.

These USA-made original SUB series were discontinued so the story goes because they were robbing the main models of sales.

The Stirling model has active 3-band EQ, a matte blue finish and a treadplate-effect pickguard.

Condition-wise this one has some marks on the back of the neck (that do not affect playability or distract), marks on the back of the headstock where it has been rested against a wall (I guess - I'm the 2nd owner) and the battery compartment catch is missing, but it is the work of a mere moment to open it with something suitably pointy :-)

It comes with straplocks and an ABS hard case and has just been restrung with D'Addario Nickelwound 45-105 strings, and intonated.
It's set up with an easy, low action (my much more experienced gig-weary friend confirmed it's extremely playable) and sounds when picked like the best rock bass sounds you've heard, and when slapped like a MM should.

I have found the eq to be really easy to use - can dial in a lovely pseudo-old-school passive sound by upping the low and pulling the high back a little (which I have discovered is where my heart lies hence the sale) and all the percussive-scooped, and rocky-mid-boosted sounds are in there too.

Typing that I stopped to have a play and wondered why I am putting it up for sale.
Then I remembered I just promised someone to buy their Jazz and that my wife will have my wotsits for a neckace if I can't point at an outbound instrument when that one arrives!

[u][b]Pics:[/b][/u]

I'll try and attach pics here, bear with me:

[attachment=168870:b6a3d40f-3aec-4434-b697-0afb194367e9.jpg]
[attachment=168871:44BF4FB7-D3D7-4BE9-9F43-1B34BE920681.jpg]
[attachment=168872:366A32DC-25D8-4148-8F7C-6072E2479596.jpg]
[attachment=168873:C2678AB1-02DC-468F-A152-6CBC090A752C.jpg]
[attachment=168874:D6DDACA0-8E2D-427B-99FD-F4C62C60B1A6.JPG]

[u][b]Delivery & Collection options:[/b][/u]

Collection is possible from my home (Swindon, Wilts) or work (Soho, W1)

I can deliver within a sensible drive of home, either to you or meet somewhere suitable.

I can courier at your cost - happy to either use any service you prefer or whatever Interparcel shows to be the best value.
UPS is convenient for me as there is a dropoff point near home :-)

[u][b]Questions?[/b][/u]
If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to get in touch

ta
Tim

*update* I was asked for some pics of the hard case so here you go:

Edited by timmyo