Why become a member? ×

Custom Manson 8 String in exotic woods

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140252614460&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:VRI"]Manson 8 string[/url]

Its not mine and I'm not on commission ! Just wanted to flag this one up for BC'ers.

Custom Mansons come up very rarely and I used to own this one.

This is a fabulous instrument, a custom build by Hugh Manson. Bloody spectacular with excellent tone and intonation. It's a plethora of exotic woods, put together in a very tasteful way, the top is tiger maple (although this doesnt show well in the photos) and the fingerboard is ebony. The whole thing is pure craftmanship and despite the woods the weight is OK.

One of finest 8 strings Ive ever encountered, and very slick to play.

PS The guy I sold it to was real nice guy too, and from the address I think it's him selling it now.

Edited by loweringthetone

Lovely instrument!

I used to work in a shop called `Music Village' whilst still at school back in '87 (I was the Saturday boy!) and we had two Manson basses come in - should have bought one of them, superb construction etc. That was back in the day when I only had four or five basses.....I used to get the pick of anything that came in secondhand (as long as I could afford to pay etc!).

Cheers

Nick